Monday, July 26, 2010

What time?

This has been one full day! Our first flight was at 6:50 am, meaning we had to leave our house at 4:30!!! I set the alarm clock for 3:30 and rolled out of bed at 3:45. Up and attem' in the wee hours of the morning, we made it to the Park and Fly. I quickly realized that I shouldn't have waited to take my Dramamine! Our shuttle driver was rocky to say the least. When we finally got to our gate, I was ready to ralph. We got into the terminal and ate some breakfast (Dunkin Donuts chocolate munchkins.... heaven...) and I took not one, but two Dramamine. Guess what...?... I didn't get the non-drowsy kind. I was ready to pass out before we even boarded the tiny little plane. When we got on I went out like a light. I didn't exactly get good sleep, but I did sleep. We landed in Cleveland for long enough to eat a little lunch and get on our next flight to Portland. I had enough time to read a few articles in my new Woman's Day before we landed. I found some yummy recipes that I've got to try when we get home. We got out of the airport, got our rent car and found a hotel for the night. After a short rest and freshen up we headed out for an early dinner and stroll around Portland. We ate at Di Millo's which is kind of a tourist trap, but we just love their fried Maine shrimp. If you haven't had Maine shrimp, I totally recommend it. They are tiny and super sweet. After dinner we walked around for a while, had an ice cream and came back to the room. We party people are exhausted! Tomorrow we will head up to the pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment