Monday, August 23, 2010

The longest/shortest day ever...

I can't even believe that today was the first day of school! I always forget how crazy the first couple days of kindergarten are! It was the longest/shortest day ever. I will say that I ADORE my class and they are soooooo cute! We spent the day learning about our rules and procedures and doing a few activities. I think the highlight of the day was our "magic play dough". I explained to the kiddos that the play dough was magic and if it changed colors, we would have a great year. As they played with the dough, it changed colors. The class was ecstatic. It was great to see their little bright faces. They loved it! Although it was a great day, I'm exhausted. It was about 107 outside today and I feel horrible. I've already had a bath and tried to take a nap. Sleep wouldn't come so I got up and did a little prep work for tomorrow. We will read "Chrysanthemum" and discuss our names. Each kiddo will decorate a large bubble-letter name. I hope they love it as much as they loved our activities today!

No comments:

Post a Comment