Sunday, August 8, 2010

Up to the pond!

Maine Day 2
We woke up early, enjoyed our free continental breakfast and headed out of Portland. We got to Scowhegan and hit up the last McDonald's for miles. I am not even joking when I tell you that it is the busiest McDonald's that I've ever been in. It is huge and run like a well oiled machine. Insane I tell you. After our last fast food for a while, we went to Hannaford's. The closest thing to compare it to is our Tom Thumb. The best part is all of the locally farmed produce- and what I'm really talking about is the super sweet corn on the cob! I usually don't like corn, but this stuff is life changing. After a short shopping trip for snacks and beer, we headed up to the pond. I love the trip from Skowhegan! You can see beautiful mountains and rivers along the way. There are also Moose warnings everywhere! About an hour later we were headed up the mountain through Caratunk and up to Pleasant Pond. We arrived, unpacked our stuff and settled in. Memaw and Papaw cooked a yummy dinner of steak, corn and potatoes for Toody's birthday! Deelish! We sat on the porch for a while and headed to bed early!

No comments:

Post a Comment